Professor Tara Sklar is the Director of the Health Law & Policy Program at Arizona Law. She also holds appointments as Faculty Senior Advisor in Telehealth Law & Policy at the Arizona Telemedicine Program, College of Medicine-Tucson, and at Innovations in Healthy Aging with the University of Arizona Health Sciences.
Professor Sklar’s scholarly research examines legal, regulatory, and ethical issues that arise in adapting to a diverse aging population, with a particular focus on the integration of health technology. Her work has appeared in the following peer-reviewed journals: New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, and American Journal of Law & Medicine, among others. Professor Sklar launched and oversees a portfolio of over 40 online, multidisciplinary Health Law & Policy courses developed in collaboration across seven UA Colleges and with global companies. She teaches courses on Aging & the Lawand Advanced Health Law Research.
- Telehealth for an Aging Population: How Can Law Influence Adoption Among Providers, Payors, and Patients?
- Telehealth and the Future of Long-Term Care
- Converting Public Health Emergency Waivers to Telehealth Legislation
- Disparities & Equitable Access in Telehealth
- Telehealth Federal and State Policy Updates
- Triumphs & Tensions of the Telehealth Boom
- How Law Reform Can Spur Telehealth Adoption